We all knew Lydia was a queen, and Parrish’s playing cards from episode 5×04 proved it. The real cards Ryan Kelley used in this scene are currently going for $31 on BidTeenWolf.com.
Don’t have $30 lying around? No problem. You can recreate these bad boys at home – and STILL have enough money left over for the Teen Wolf Score.
What you’ll need:
- Playing cards (Parrish’s have blue backs)
- Mod Podge (glossy finish)
- Paint Brush
- Lydia Queen Image (below)
Optional: black charcoal pastels to “burn” one of the cards. If you try this, I’d recommend printing a few extra Lydia queens and making several cards. This way, if you mess one up, you can keep trying until you achieve the effect you want.
I replicated the Lydia Queen card design in Microsoft Photo Editor and MS Word using this screencap from episode 5×04. If you have professional photo editing software, you may want to take a crack at it yourself.
1. Measure the playing cards and adjust the Lydia queen image to the correct size.
2. Print the image. Hold the paper up to the light and slide the playing card BEHIND the image. Use the shadow of the playing card to determine where the card should be glued. Mark this location with a pencil ON THE NON-PRINTED side of the paper.
3. Apply Mod Podge to the FRONT of the playing card and to the BACK of the printed image. Press the playing card into the outline you marked in pencil. Smooth out any bubbles and apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to the entire back of the playing card and around the edges.
4. Let dry 20 minutes.
5. Cut around the playing card to remove excess paper from the printed image. Apply a second coat of Mod Podge over the FRONT of the printed image.
6. If desired, use charcoal pastels to distress one of the cards. Apply another coat of Mod Podge to seal the charcoal pastels. BE VERY CAREFUL! I pressed too hard and the card ended up a little more “burned” than I intended. If this happens, no worries! There are 51 more cards in the deck.
What’s your favorite Teen Wolf prop? Let me know in the comments, and I might make it next!
Ready for more Teen Wolf crafts? I’ve got you covered!