I love books. All kinds of books. Even tattered sci-fi/horror paperbacks detailing the horrific experiments of three steampunk doctors.
Apparently, a lot of people agree because The Dread Doctors by T.R. McCammon (nice try, Valek, we all know you wrote this rubbish!) is currently going for $175 on BidTeenWolf.com. Even a photo copy of this literary gem will cost you $70!
That’s a lot of Kindle Daily Finds! But never fear. You can make your very own copy of The Dread Doctors for less than a drug store paperback!
What you’ll need:
- Book (the older and nastier the better)
- Mod Podge (matte finish)
- Paint Brush
- Dread Doctors Book Art (Spenser’s done a better job with this than I ever could. Go check her out.)
1. If the book you chose is too new and pristine, use tea or watercolor to stain the edges.
2.Measure your book and print The Dread Doctors art to the correct size.
3. Cut out the printed image with scissors. Pro tip: You can print the image in one piece, but I find it’s easier to apply the front cover, back cover, and spine separately. Apply the spine piece last for the best result.
4. Apply Mod Podge to the COVER of the book and the BACK of the printed image. Press the printed image onto the book and smooth out any bubbles.
5. Let dry 20 minutes.
6. Optional: use sandpaper (a nail file works too), chalk pastels, or other art supplies to give the book a distressed look.
7. Apply another coat of Mod Podge to seal the printed image.
8. Read at your own risk!
What’s your favorite Teen Wolf prop? Let me know in the comments, and I might make it next!
Ready for more Teen Wolf crafts? I’ve got you covered!