Ah, Beacon Hills Preserve… home to flora, fauna, crossbow-wielding hunters, firefly-spewing tree stumps, and dark druids seeking bloody revenge. Good times.
Needless to say, everyone wants a piece of this magical paradise. The sign used in episode 1×01 is currently going for a whopping $400 on BidTeenWolf.com and the alternate version used in season 3 isn’t doing too badly for itself either!
Now that the Benefactor’s whole Deadpool offer is off the table, most of us don’t have that kind of dough lying around. Thankfully, you can recreate EITHER of these beauties by following the steps below.
What you’ll need:
- Wood or thick cardboard (I used a sign from the Dollar Store)
- Sandpaper (if using wood)
- Mod Podge (matte finish)
- Paint Brush
- String/Chain (to hang the sign)
- Hot glue (to attach the string or chain)
- Beacon Hills Preserve sign image (below)
I replicated the Season 1 Beacon Hills Preserve design in Microsoft Photo Editor and MS Word using this screencap from episode 1×01. If you have professional photo editing software, you may want to take a crack at it yourself.
1. Cut wood or cardboard to the sizes desired. If using wood, sand cut edges to remove splinters.
2. Measure the wood or cardboard and print the sign images to the correct size.
3. Cut out the sign images with scissors. Pro tip: Print the image a little larger than your wood or cardboard. Wrap printed image around the edges of the wood or cardboard. Glue down with Mod Podge to hide exposed wood or cardboard.
4. Apply Mod Podge to the FRONT of your wood or cardboard and to the BACK of the printed sign image. Press the printed image onto the wood or cardboard and smooth out any bubbles.
5. Let dry 20 minutes.
6. Apply another coat of Mod Podge to seal the printed image.
7. If making the Season 1 sign, glue string or chain between the larger and smaller signs. For both signs, glue string or chain to the top so it can be hung on the wall.
8. Use all the money you saved to preorder Teen Wolf: the Complete Series!
What’s your favorite Teen Wolf prop? Let me know in the comments, and I might make it next!
Ready for more Teen Wolf crafts? I’ve got you covered!